The following items are included in Release 5.5a:
- RSA: Interim/Mid-year Reconciliation IRP5 changes (including new IRP5 codes)
- Africa Tax Countries Tax Files: Angola, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe
- Africa Tax Countries Reports: Lesotho, Mauritius and Zambia
- New Flexi Leave Import and Export Utility (Sage Premier only)
Please refer to our latest Release Notes for more information and full details of what is included in this release.
NOTE: Premier HR and Premier ESS Users: Your Payroll Application may not be updated without also updating your HR and ESS Applications. These applications have to be updated consecutively.
You are on either Release 54a, 54b or 54c/54c+ and you are unable to load Release 56a on your payroll system.
In order to upgrade to Release 5.6a, your payroll system must be on Release 5.5a. You will need to perform the following steps to update your payroll system to Release 55a.
The software for Release 5.5a, can be downloaded from the Customer Zone.
- Click on the Updates Tab
- Select the correct software
- Select Click here to view on Release 5.5a
- Click on Download software
Click here for the instructions on how to install Release 5.5a
- When you access your Payroll Companies for the first time after installing the Release, you will be warned that all your Companies must be updated to Release 5.5a. Only if you have made a Full System Backup, click on Continue, otherwise click on Exit and phone the call Centre for assistance. Once all the Companies in your Directory have been updated, this message will no longer be displayed.
- The Update Options Screen will be displayed. Select the required option, e.g. Update all Companies (to Release 5.5a). Click on Continue.
- While each Payroll Company is being updated, either the progress of the conversion of the files, or the code of the employee who is being updated, will be displayed.
You will need to re-print the Co.Recon report and detailed EMP201 reports to balance and reconcile your payroll to the orignal amounts on the payroll system. If you do not reconcile and balance your payroll system, this may result in differences when you completing your EMP501 for the SARS Submission. If you are unsure of this process, it is highly recommended that you consult with your accredited Business Partner for further assistance.
You have now successfully installed and updated your payroll system to Release 5.5a. You can follow the same process and install Release 56a.
NOTE: If you are not on the correct version you will be required to download and install multiple software releases.