1. SQL command issue where the error below will be experienced immediately even before writing to the database when attempting to upgrade the databases for Sage 300 People:
IT has to ensure the SQL command line utilities is installed together with the ODBC driver. Once installed they must restart the Server/PC and access Sage 300 People to upgrade the databases.
2. Is it necessary to restart the server before installing updates if you have crucial Windows updates ?
IT has to restart the server to install Pending Windows updates or the update will fail.
3. Which file are you required to install, for instance SagePeoplesetup.exe or the PeopleAppsetup.exe?
- Peoplesetup.exe is use to update ClickOnce, scheduler and Webself service
- PeopleAppsetup.exe is used to update standalone PC’S and users that RDP into the server such as a terminal server
TIP: Make a backup before installing any updates, Click here to access an article on how to make a backup.
NOTE: If the setup wizard does not have an Update Button to continue with the update, you must not proceed as you will be loading Sage 300 application as a new system, this might cause the Sage 300 People services not to start.