Example of the error message:
- 3025 - Year of Assessment, which would be 2021.
- 7004 - ETI amount calculated on the payroll
- 7005 - ETI qualifying cycle (1 = 1st 12 months qualified, 2, for 2nd 12 months, and 3 for additional relief periods April to July 2020)
- 7006 - ETI month (1 = January, 2 = February, 3 = March, 4 = April, 5 = May, 6 = June, 7 = July, 8 = August)
- 7009 - Special Economic Zone (SEZ) code
The issue is related to records where the ETI set should have been 3, but was changed to 1. The cause of the issue is still under investigation.
The issue had been found mainly on records where employees previously qualified 24 periods for ETI, prior to the additional leave months.
The solution to resolve the error, is to correct the ETI periods using the ETI Take-on function. Follow the steps below to correct the Set values.
- When a payroll IRP5 file is imported but rejected, the errors are logged on the Import Payroll File Log.
- The log will indicate the employee tax certificate records affected.
- The error message will indicate which calendar month is causing the error (in this example, the month is July):
- To review the ETI information for the past 6 months of your employees, export the ETI History report for 2020.
- Click here for a guide how to export the report to Microsoft Excel.
- Add Filters to the heading row on the Excel sheet (Select the 1st row in the Excel sheet which contains the headings, click on Data, and then click on Filter).
- Filter the data by clicking on the heading of column B, which contains the Employee code. This will allow you to find the specific employee records with the issue.
- Review the employee's ETI Set (which could be 1, 2, or 3) in column P and Period (1-12) in column Q - If the employee qualified for 24 month prior to April 2020, or became a qualifying employee based on the the Additional Relief rules, the set from April should be 3.
- If found that the Set changed from 3 to 1 in any period during Month April, May, June or July (as in the example below) , the record must be updated with the correct Set number in Column P.
- If you change the Set from 1 to 3, please review the Tax Incentive value, to verify if the calculated value is correct. Click here to review the ETI Calculation information.
- If the Wage Code is set to #001 during the months of May, June and July, you will need to create a new Wage Code, with the same values. Click here for a guide to create a new Wage Code. All employees with Wage Code #001 (column M) must be changed to the new Wage Code created.
- Once the changed have been made the file should by saved in Excel format.
- After you have saved it in Excel format, delete columns AE to AL, for the End of Record marker moves to column AE.
- Save the file in CSV comma delimited format.
- Import the CSV file into your payroll, which will overwrite the existing ETI history data.
- Click here for more details to create an ETI take-on file.
- Generate the EMP501 report from your History Reports, and review your values.
- Click here for a guide to export the EMP501 report.