Depending on your browser settings you may experience the error "Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please try again from your accounting application." when connecting to your bank. The error will occur after selecting your bank and clicking Continue on “What’s needed to Connect”.
The error occurs due to browser security settings.
Changing the following settings will resolve the issue, however we recommend you assess the impact on changing any security settings.
If you do not feel comfortable changing the global settings on Edge or Safari we recommend using Chrome and adding the required site to Chromes exception list
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Cookies and other site data.
- Enter the below sites one at a time in the text box which shows [*.]example.com,
- click Add
- Close Chrome
- Open Chrome and restart the process of connecting your bank
- Open Google Chrome (Must be done on Google Chrome Browser)
- Ensure all other tabs are closed
- Click the 3 dots on the top right and then click ‘Settings’ as illustrated below:
- Type ‘Cookies’ in the ‘Search bar’ and then click on the arrow aside ‘Cookies and other site data’:
- Copy these 3 Cookies (one at a time) in the box below and tick ‘Including third-party cookies on this site’. Then click ‘Add’:
- Close the Browser completely and then reopen
- Open Sage Business Cloud Accounting and proceed to the banking screen to check for new transactions
- If there are no new transactions, please proceed to manually fetch new transactions (Banking > Manage Bank Feeds > Fetch Transactions Manually), ensure you select the correct date to fetch transactions from and the ‘Fetch’
- On your computer, open Edge.
- At the top right, click ... then Settings
- Under “Privacy & security”, Cookies select “Don’t block cookies”
- Close Edge
- Open Edge and restart the process of connecting your bank
- On your computer, open Safari
- Under “Safari”, click “Preferences”
- Under “Privacy”, uncheck "Website tracking: prevent cross-site tracking" and "Cookie and website data: Block all cookies"
- Close Safari
- Open Safari and restart the process of connecting your bank