Step 1: Access the IRP5/IT3a Report which is available on the RSA Submission Process (Main Menu > Utilities > RSA Submissions > RSA Submission Process) by selecting Step 6 (Perform Test Run)
The report is also available on the Report menu (Main Menu > Reports > Reports and Maintenance). Highlight the IRP5/IT3 report (Real Number 507) and click on Print
Step 2: Please Select the Action Required:
- Tax Year End is usually selected for February Tax Year End Submission or for the Termination of a Company (March - February)
- Periodic Reconciliation Run is usually selected for the August Periodic Submission (March - August)
Step 3: Select the Type of Run.
- Select Test Run
NOTE: It is advisable to do a TEST run(s) until all errors have been resolved before doing a live run.
Step 4: Indicate whether only the Current Company or Multiple Companies should be included. Click Continue
Step 5: If Multiple Companies are selected, Select the Company Number to Process
NOTE: If Multiple Companies are selected, only the companies with the same PAYE number will be displayed for the selection.
- The Multiple Company selection screen can be used to include several companies in the IRP5 submission file.
- Click on the company and enter the password for the company to be included. The Selected column will display Yes for each selected company.
- Click on Close once the selections process has been completed.
Step 6: Verify the Employer Record Details for IRP5/IT3a Run. Click on Continue
NOTE: If you receive the message that there is Outstanding Mandatory Information, refer to the PDF printouts for validation errors. The last page of the validation report contains information, how to resolve validation errors. Click here to visit the Sage Knowledgebase where solutions are provided for common IRP5/IT3a Validation errors
Step 7: Select the reports to be printed
- The IRP5/IT3 Recon Report will print a list of all the employees with their YTD amounts per IRP5 code.
- The IRP5/IT3 Summary Report will print the totals per IRP5 code
Step 8: The options for the Print Tax Certificates are:
- Blank Paper
- Secure Paper (available from VIP)
- No printing (only when doing a TEST run)
- Print IRP5 with Watermark – only to PDF
Step 9: Tab on the Start of Employee and End with Employees
- Click on Continue
Step 10: The Electronic Tax Certificate File will now be available for download. Click on Continue
NOTE: This file is created each time you do an IRP5 Run.
Step 11: If passwords are setup to be used for reports, enter the passwords for the IRP5 reports. Click on Finish
Step 12: Your Download will begin shortly. If your download does not automatically start, you can click on click here to manually start the download.
Step 13: Browse for the Destination to save your IRP5.xx file. Click Save
- The IRP5 submission file’s name will default to IRP5.xx (xx = current tax year, e.g. IRP5.22 will be the file for the tax year ending 28 February 2022).
- This name must be changed if multiple submissions will be done from the same system.
- For example, two companies are loaded on the system with different PAYE numbers.
- A submission file can only be created for one PAYE number.
- Therefore, the first company’s IRP5 file can be named Co_01_IRP5.22 and the second company file name, Co_02_IRP5.22.
- These files can then be imported separately into SARS’ [email protected] system. If the name is not changed, the first company’s file will be overwritten with the second file.
- Do not use any spaces or special characters in the file name.
Step 14: Click Finish