Unless you have removed the Automatic Backup function (which we strongly discourage any client from doing) the Payroll system will force you to make a backup before rolling into your September Period for Bi-Annuals.
In your August period:
- Click on Process, Pay Period update
- Click on Next
- A message will pop up advising you that not all Cheques and Bank Transfers have been processed, please press ok on this message
- The next message will advise you that a backup must be done before rolling over. Click ok on this message and the system will bring up the Backup assistant.
- This is the most important step, this is where you select where to make a backup to. The system should automatically default to your regular preferred backup destination.
- Click on New Folder
- Name the folder “August Backup 2021”
- Click on Create
- Click on Process
- Follow the prompts and then continue with your pay period update as per usual.
NOTE: This will make it a lot easier to find you’re backup if you need to restore it in future as you can always search in your windows directory for a folder called August Backup.