Sage Pastel Payroll: Error 75 is a permissions error and when it occurs when creating the Copy Company, it might be that the directory where the copy is made doesn't have the correct permissions.
- Please access the company data that is on the server pc. e.g. X:\Demo
- Right click on the Company and go to Properties.
- Untick Read only on properties for this company.
- Select Security and ensure that all the Group or User names have full control permissions.
- Select Apply
NOTE: Please ensure that there are no old backups or .zip files in your company
If the error persists, continue with the below steps:
- Please copy the company data base on to the workstations local disk c:\Payroll folder.
- Open Payroll, Go to Utility…. Manage Server.
- Select Add Company.
- Browse for the company folder that you have coped into the Payroll folder.
- Select on the yellow folder and select OK.
- Your company will be reflected. Select Close.
- Select File…Open.
- Select on your company and select OK.
- You can now start again with the Year end process and select to create a copy company.
If the error persists, please see this guide to create the copy company manually.