This article explains how to select quantities for a specific bill component from multiple Lot Numbers on a Bill of Materials manufacturing process.
This may especially be relevant when having insufficient quantities for the specific bill component item in a single Lot Number alone, but at least having sufficient quantities over multiple Lot Numbers.
To help explain the solution, consider the following scenario:
1. Setup the Bill Master Item as below. Also notice the Usage Qty column below:
2. The following quantities currently exist for Bill Component CHAIN over 3 different Lot Numbers:
3. On a new Manufacturing Process, 250 units of Bill master Item BIKE need to be manufactured and entered that way.
4. That means 250 units of bill component CHAIN is also required.
5. When done, click the Save- and then the Auto Draw button.
6. Notice the single line for bill component CHAIN as expected below.
7. Manually add two more Draw Inventory transaction lines for bill component CHAIN and enter the quantities as can be seen below, to total up to 250 over the 3 lines.
8. On the first Draw line for bill component CHAIN, select Lot NumberCH-LOT01
9. On the second Draw line for bill component CHAIN, select Lot Number CH-LOT02
10. On the third Draw line for bill component CHAIN, select Lot Number CH-LOT03
11. Now manually add the Manufacturing transaction line.
12. When done, process the manufacturing process as usual.