In order to do your Pay Period Update, all of your employees will need to have a status of Processed - so a successful payroll run would have needed to be completed for them before hand.
CAUTION: The only way to reverse this process is to restore a backup. It is crucial that you ensure that you have a backup before attempting this process.
- Click on Process
- Click on Pay Period update
- Click Next on the Pay Period Update Overview screen
- Click OK on the below message regarding bank transfers:
- Select the pay frequency(s) that you want to move into the next period:
- Once you have made your selections click on Next
- After clicking on next, the system should force you to make an backup if it sees that you didn't do a backup immediatly before this process (unless you have unchecked this function)
- Click OK on the 'A backup must be done before the pay period update message'
- The backup assistant will now display, select your prefered directory and continue with the backup process
- After the backup is complete, you will be on the Confirm Operation screen, click Process
- The system will now start your roll over process.
This might take some time, depending on your computer speed and number of employees - please be patient and do not end the task, even if Payroll says "Not Responding"
- Once the operation is complete you will have to click on Finish