When selecting to make a Full System Backup, this option will make a backup of everything in the VIP directory, including sub folders within the VIP directory. When we refer to making a Full System Backup in any of our Installation Instruction Notes, this is the option to use.
- From the main screen of the company go to Utilities > Backup > Full System Backup
- From Directory: This will show the location where your system is installed
- To Directory: If you have not specified a default folder under Company > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous 3, this will be blank and required you to browse to the folder where you would like to save your backups to. As a safety measure, always browse to the location to ensure it still exists.
- Backup File Name: They system automatically allocates a name to the backup.
- FULL – this indicates the backup is for the full directory
- 20200229 – that is the period for which you are making the backup
- 20200122 – that is the date on which the backup was made
- 1247 – that is the time the backup was made
- R53b – that is the Release the backup was when it was made
- We do not recommend changing the name of the backups as leaving it in this format will make it easy for you to find it
- Click on Continue and an onscreen message will confirm the location of your backup. To confirm the location just select Yes
- A black DOS screen will appear which indicates the backup process has started
- Do not close the screen or interrupt the process
- An onscreen message will confirm once the backup process has been successful
NOTE: Should the backup process fail, follow the resolution guidelines provided here
Click here to watch a short video on the process to make a full system backup.